NEWS AND INSIGHTS UPDATE:
Time to refresh your resume, but did you know the rules of resume writing have changed? For example, we live in a digital world, and you now need two versions of your resume — a visually appealing hard copy and a digital version that can easily be uploaded into corporate HR systems and recruiting agency databases.
Suzanne Rust of Citibank’s Women & Co. interviewed four career experts to gather their resume writing tips. They are:
- Goodbye,Objective: it’s a waste of space.
- Hello, Summary: it jump-starts your resume.
- Unlock Your Keywords: hiring managers can’t find you if your resume doesn’t include the keywords they’re using to search with to find candidates.
- The Right Order: Make sure your most relevant experience is listed first.
- This Is Your Resume, Not a Laundry List: Leave out the generic tasks and get specific.
- Let the Numbers Do the Talking: Quantify your experiences.
- Stay in Sync with Social Media: Make sure your Twitter, Facebook, and other social media profiles match the brand you’re trying to create through your resume.
- The Devil is in the Details: Proofread and make sure every character on your resume is perfect before you submit it.
Read More: Women & Co. – Changing Jobs – New Rules for Writing Your Resume via www.citibank.com