Every once in awhile, it’s OK to do nothing but sip on a cup of coffee and read. But if you’re like me, you have a habit of skipping the fiction, loading up on news, and skimming posts on Facebook and Twitter a little too thoroughly.
Lately, I’ve been soaking up anything I can find on women in business (including posts here). I’ll admit that this gets in the way of my productivity occasionally, but because learning how to be a better businesswoman is always high on my daily to-do list, I’ve found my way into a great excuse to turn off email, hide the mobile and claim a half and hour of business reading time before starting the workday. It’s a lot more interesting than some of the social media posts I come across, and currently, more uplifting than the news.
And, it reminds me that women are everything I’ve always claimed we were: savvy, hardworking, determined, influential, resourceful and unafraid to take risks. Whether your a small business owner or C-level exec shaking things up on a global level, being reminded that you do have what it takes, is a great way to kick off the workday.
What are you reading? Join the conversation and share your favorite links. Next week: Social Media is a State of Mind. (Which means it better be on YOUR mind.) See you then…
Women in Biz Round-up, Part 1:
- The Obstacles Facing Women’s Career Success (Infographic)
- Power women CFOs
- Five Ways to Break Through the Glass Ceiling
- The 2013 Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs
- Sheryl Sandberg: The real story
- 25 Top Women Business Builders
- 46 Resources for Women Small Business Owners
- 10 Highest-Earning Female CEOs
- 7 Tips for Women Who Want to Own a Franchise
- 9 Women in Tech Building Apps That Make a Difference
- The top financial tweeters to follow (Part I)
- The top financial tweeters to follow (Part II)