NEWS AND INSIGHTS UPDATE:
Did you know only 15% of angel investors are women?
As part of its “This Is What an Angel Investor Looks Like” series, Women 2.0 asks prominent female angel investors to share advice for people who want to attract investors to their businesses. Angie Chang of Women 2.0 interviewed Joanne Wilson, an angel investor based in New York City, and shared some great tips from Joanne:
- Have a fire in your eyes..
- Have well-prepared legal documents.
- Understand the landscape and competition.
- Have a new business model that has not already been launched successfully.
- Give investors their pro-rata share in future rounds of investments.
When Angie asked Joanne to share one piece of advice to entrepreneurs looking for capital, Joanne says:
“Be succinct, be scrappy and listen.”
And for women who want to become angel investors, Joanne suggests:
“Spend a lot of time seeing deals before you leap. At the beginning, everything looks amazing. Wait 24 hours.”
Get the Details: Women 2.0 » This Is What An Angel Investor Looks Like – Joanne Wilson via www.women2.com