I read this blog post from Seth Godin and wanted to share it with everyone because is had such an impact on me. http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2009/06/you-matter.html
- When you love the work you do and the people you do it with, you matter.
- When you are so gracious and generous and aware that you think of other people before yourself, you matter.
- When you leave the world a better place than you found it, you matter.
- When you continue to raise the bar on what you do and how you do it, you matter.
- When you teach and forgive and teach more before you rush to judge and demean, you matter.
- When you touch the people in your life through your actions (and your words), you matter.
- When kids grow up wanting to be you, you matter.
- When you see the world as it is, but insist on making it more like it could be, you matter.
- When you inspire a Nobel prize winner or a slum dweller, you matter.
- When the room brightens when you walk in, you matter.
- And when the legacy you leave behind lasts for hours, days or a lifetime, you matter.
We all have different ways that we make an impact on the world and other people’s lives. It starts with being your authentic self and loving yourself and the work you do. Once this self-acceptance and alignment is achieved, we can easily reach out to others with generosity and non-judgment.
How do YOU matter?