A new report from Freelancer.com reveals the top online jobs for freelance workers based on findings from an analysis of over a quarter million jobs completed during the third quarter of 2012 on the site.
Key Findings for Top Online Jobs for Freelancers
- Android developer jobs saw significant growth at 16%, primarily due to the success of the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release.
- Apple jobs suffered during the third quarter of 2012. As Apple developers waited for the release of iOS6 in September, growth of iPhone jobs dwindled to just 8%, which is significantly lower than the 30% increase seen during the second quarter of 2012.
- HTML5, jQuery, and PHP jobs all experienced double-digit growth as businesses looked to increase their mobile offerings.
- eBay jobs made a surprising comeback and grew by 41%, thanks to the company’s release of new designs and features to strengthen its position in both social and mobile channels.
- Facebook jobs saw 11% growth, which is a big change from the 14% drop in Facebook jobs experienced during the second quarter or 2012 following the company’s poor IPO.
- Social networking jobs grew 15% overall after stagnating at just 1% growth during the second quarter of 2012.
- Copy typing and jobs requiring translation of paper documents to electronic jumped by 145% during the third quarter of 2012.
More Statistics for Top Online Jobs for Freelancers
- Internet marketing jobs were up 12%.
- SEO jobs were up 12%.
- Link building jobs were up 8%.
- WordPress jobs were up 27%.
- Proofreading jobs were up 26%.
- User interface / IA jobs were up 23%.
- Graphic design jobs were up 21%.
- Logo design jobs were up 21%.