In this day and age, there are so many different social media sites to choose from that it can become a full time job to update and monitor each profile. To eliminate that stress, follow these 13 steps to become more productive:
1. Select the top five social networks you are interested in joining. Check out Ning.com as it offers thousands of social networks for just about any industry.
2. Use www.Twitter.com and www.Facebook.com as platforms to brand and market your company.
3. Research and contact bloggers who would be interested in your market/customer. The only thing that counts is how you can add value to their audience.
4. Use social media as an online public relations platform by announcing any relevant news.
5. Create a channel on www.Youtube.com and develop a series of videos.
6. Get involved with www.Technorati.com if you have a blog.
7. Comment on message boards and forums relevant to your industry.
8. Turn your blog into a mobile site. Make it accessible for your readers online.
9. The more ways you can spread the word of your social media efforts, the more exposure you will get. Offer RSS subscriptions.
10. There’s a chance that people on certain social networks might know one another. To make sure that you don’t offend anyone or step on anyone’s turf, make sure you are friendly, polite, and objective.
11. When you track your inbound links, contact the bloggers who mentioned your company to build relationships.
12. Never underestimate the power of video. Video interviews and podcasts are great ways to make your blog come alive.
13. Never make false claims on social networks because chances are, it will ruin your reputation.
For more information on how to develop a strategic social media plan, contact Kristin at [email protected].