Contrary to popular belief, women cannot do it all. There simply aren’t enough hours in the day. It’s far better to outsource tasks that don’t require your expertise to other people.
If you’re not in a position to hire employees to provide the assistance you need, then outsourcing tasks to freelancers or vendors is an excellent, strategic decision.
In a new infographic from WhoIsHostingThis?, you’ll learn not only what you can outsource, but also why and how to outsource. Here are a few highlights:
- Email is the second most time consuming activity for workers in the United States.
- 28% of the average workday is spent on email, and 2.5 work hours per day are spent on email.
- Scheduling meetings ate up seven or more hours per week in 2010.
- Booking travel arrangements is the ultimate “Oh, I lost my whole day” task.
- Unnecessary phone conversations are costly to you and your business.
- Bookkeeping and tax-related tasks eat up weeks worth of time each year.
- Searching for and gathering information is the third most time-consuming activity for U.S. workers, taking up 19% of an average workday or more than 7.5 hours per week.
Check out the infographic below for more information about outsourcing as well as great tips for working with a virtual assistant.
Do you work with a virtual assistant? Are you a virtual assistant? If so, share your tips and experiences in the comments below!
Jim Nico says
I am going to pass this information on to the women I know and sometimes need to be more patient with .
Carone H says
Great information highlighted in this graphic. As a VA for business coaches, I especially appreciate the recognition that VAs are trained professionals. I have used most of the tools for a few years– they are all great for getting the right thing done in the right amount of time. Doodle is by far my favorite for scheduling meetings. It eliminates the flurry of emails about who is or isn’t available.