Do you match the profile of an entrepreneur? TechnologyAdvice CEO Rob Bellenfant and his research team analyzed the defining personal characteristics and habits of entrepreneurs and compared the results to the general population. As the infographic below shows, the results are very interesting.
For example, some highlights include:
- The average entrepreneur works 66 hours per week vs. 47 hours per week of the average full-time employee in the US.
- Entrepreneurs are 3 times more likely to have rebelled as teenagers.
- Despite the necessary hard work, 73% of entrepreneurs believe good luck played a role in their success.
- 80% of entrepreneurs hold bachelor’s degrees vs. just 32% of the average U.S. population.
- Entrepreneurs make $21,560 more per year than average working Americans.
- 45% of entrepreneurs save money for retirement vs. 32% of non-business owners.
- On average, entrepreneurs are healthier, get more exercise, and eat better than other workers.
When it comes to male and female entrepreneurs, men are more likely to be entrepreneurs than women. Based on this research, 59% of entrepreneurs were found to be men and only 41% were found to be women. Despite the fact that there are more women than men in the United States, entrepreneurship still skews to being male-dominated.
Take a look at the infographic below for all of the details. Do you match the profile of an entrepreneur?