That last 20% of any project, endeavor, or campaign is the most difficult part. Most people can get through the first 80% of a project. But what about those finishing touches that add the final “polish” to the product?
- What about spellcheck and correct grammar?
- How about making sure things are numbered and bulleted correctly?
- Is it fact-checked?
- Is the address right?
- Is the person’s name spelled correctly?
- Did you polish it?
- Is the packaging clean? No stains?
- Are things lined up in rows?
If you deliver the highest quality for project, especially that last 20%, you’re hired.
If you create a checklist that makes sure to cover that last 20% of a process, you’ll have a competitive edge.
If your proposal provides the extra attention to detail that’s needed to make the project a success, you’re the best candidate for the job.
It’s that last 20%. How do you deal with it? More importantly, how do you communicate your qualifications to your decisionmaker (the client, customer, boss, or employer?)
Most people do the 80% necessary.
What do you do?