Work from home jobs have become the new normal, and more and more companies are offering opportunities to do a wide variety of work remotely. A common question is whether people with no experience can find virtual jobs, and the answer is absolutely yes.
Whether you’re a parent, student, recent graduate, or someone looking for a career change, you can find a position that suits your needs. This guide will give you a great head start!
10 Work from Home Jobs that Require Little or No Experience
To help you find and start your career as a remote employee, following are some (but not all) of the roles that job seekers with little or no professional experience could qualify for.
Data Entry Clerk
A data entry clerk is responsible for inputting data into a company’s system. Typically, a data entry clerk extracts data from a document, such as customer details, inventory records, order details, financial transactions, and more. The employee enters the data in a spreadsheet, database, or other platform, so employees, vendors, customers, and so on can easily use it.
In addition, a data entry clerk may have to collect and curate data from multiple sources and analyze the data prior to entering it into the system. Accuracy and efficiency are essential in a data entry role.
In many cases, data entry clerk work doesn’t require employees to be closely monitored on a day to day basis, which makes this job perfect for remote workers.
Ease of Landing a Job
Data entry clerk jobs often have a low barrier to entry because the only skill you may need to have is the ability to type data into very specific forms.
As a data entry clerk, you may get to have a flexible working schedule. For example, if an employer requires that you meet a specific amount of entries in a day or week, you may be able to pick your own hours – as long as you meet your daily or weekly data entry commitments by the given deadlines.
The pay for a work from home data entry clerk will vary depending on the company and whether any data analysis or research skills are required. According to information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for a data entry clerk in the United States is approximately $16 per hour, which equates to about $32,000 per year for a full-time data entry worker.
Who This Job is For
Data entry clerk work is a good fit for people with no experience and a high school diploma, because it’s not difficult to learn the required repetitive data entry skills. Many companies offer on-the-job training or provide basic software training for new data entry clerks. You do need to have a reliable computer and internet connection to work from home as a data entry clerk though.
One of the benefits of working as a virtual data entry clerk is the flexibility it provides. Since data entry work can usually be done on a computer, many companies allow data entry employees to set their own hours and work from any location with a reliable internet connection. If you have a busy or unusual schedule, this could be a good job for you.
A work from home content writer is responsible for creating written content for websites, blog posts, articles, social media, product descriptions, marketing materials, and other online and offline materials and communications.
Content writers are typically tasked with researching and understanding their client’s target audience(s) and writing in a style that appeals to each audience while helping the client reach its goals.
Ease of Landing a Job
While some companies may require a college degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field, others focus more on a candidate’s strong writing skills and ability to learn quickly. Today, there are many types of writers just as there are plenty of companies that need to hire writers for a wide variety of projects.
If you need to improve your spelling, grammar, and writing skills, there are many free and affordable online courses that teach you what you need to know in order to land a writing job.
Your work hours as a content writer will depend on your employer’s needs. For example, if you take a writing job working as a full-time or part-time employee, you may be required to work during specific hours and on specific days each week. If you’re working as a freelance contractor, you may be able to pick your own schedule as long as you meet your deadlines. Some full- and part-time employers may also allow you to work a flexible schedule.
The pay for a content writer varies significantly depending on the company, type of content needed, and your level of experience. According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for writers and authors in the United States is approximately $32 per hour, and typical full-time salaries range between $34,000 to $76,000 annually.
Who This Job is For
Content writing is a good fit for people with above average spelling and grammar skills as well as proficiency in writing content for different audiences. You have to be able to write quickly and with few or no errors, so proofreading is another important skill you’ll need.
Working as a content writer can provide flexibility, autonomy, and growth opportunities. Many content writers work as freelancers and can set their own schedules and accept clients that align with their interests and strengths. As you get more experience, you can build an online portfolio that will help you land more opportunities for higher pay.
A work from home sales representative is responsible for selling products or services by phone, email, or through other channels. Salespeople are typically tasked with generating leads, following up with potential customers, and closing deals.
To be successful, sales reps have to be able to understand prospects’ and customers’ needs and find creative solutions to meet those needs.
Some companies also require that salespeople maintain ongoing relationships with customers after the deal closes in order to boost loyalty, close additional sales in the future, and generate new referral business.
Ease of Landing a Job
Many companies fill some of their sales roles with entry level workers, so it’s not difficult to find open positions. Make sure your resume and application highlights your communication, relationship-building, and listening skills.
Many companies allow their sales people to set their own schedules and work from any location with reliable telephone and internet connections. Often, your schedule will be determined by your prospects and the clients you serve. For example, if your clients are in a different time zone than you are, you may have to adjust your schedule, so you’re available when they are.
The pay for a work from home sales role will vary significantly depending on the company and the type of products or services the company sells. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for a work from home sales representative in the United States is around $47,000 per year, with the potential to earn commission and bonuses. It’s not unusual for a good salesperson to make more money from commissions and bonuses each year than from their base salary.
Who This Job is For
This job is for you if you have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and interpersonal skills. This includes both verbal and written communications. In addition, you need to have negotiation skills in order to successfully convince prospects to buy products or services from your company. The best salespeople are persistent and don’t give up. They hear “no” a lot but that doesn’t stop them from continuing to try to get a “yes” from prospects.
Even with no experience, you could land a sales position. Many companies provide extensive paid training and support to their sales teams, which can include training on their products, sales techniques, customer service skills, and more.
Working as a remote sales rep can provide flexibility and autonomy. If you’re outgoing, like to solve problems, and enjoy a challenge, sales could be a great career for you. There is a lot of opportunity for growth for people who hone their sales skills.
Customer Service Representative
Customer service representatives are responsible for handling customer inquiries and resolving issues via phone, email, or online chat. Some companies also have customer service team members process orders and returns, track shipments, and provide general information about products or services.
A work from home customer service representative provides support and assistance to customers over the phone, email, or chat. Their responsibilities include answering customer questions, resolving complaints, processing orders, and providing general information about a company’s products and services.
Ease of Landing a Job
Companies are always looking for customer service agents, so this is a job you can definitely get with no experience. Your resume and applications should provide details about your ability to handle difficult situations, manage customer expectations, and find creative solutions to problems.
Customer service positions typically work in shifts, so all communication channels that customers could use to contact the company are available during scheduled service hours. You’ll be assigned a shift giving you specific days and hours you’ll work each week. You may be able to choose your shift to fit your schedule.
Some companies allow customer service agents to pick different shifts every week and trade or give up shifts. This can provide even more flexibility in your schedule if you need it.
The pay for a work from home customer service representative can vary depending on the company, the type of service provided, the shift worked, and more. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for a work from home customer service representative in the United States is about $32,000 per year with hourly salaries typically ranging from $10 to $20 per hour. Some companies offer additional incentives and bonuses based on performance.
Who This Job is For
Customer service representative positions can be an excellent opportunity for people who are patient, empathetic, and have strong communication skills. The role is a good fit for people with no experience because many companies provide extensive training and support to their new hires. This can include training to improve product knowledge, customer service techniques, and communication skills. Additionally, many companies offer ongoing training and support to help customer service representatives succeed in their roles.
Working as a customer service agent can provide flexibility, autonomy, and opportunities for advancement. Many companies allow their customer service employees to set their own schedules and work from any location with a reliable phone and internet connection.
In addition, since most companies provide extensive training and support to customer service agents, you’ll learn the skills you need to not only use the company’s systems but also to be a better communicator, which is a highly useful and transferable skill that you’ll use throughout your career.
A work from home transcriptionist transcribes audio from either audio or video recordings into written text. They listen to the recordings and type out what is said, editing the text for grammar, punctuation, clarity, and formatting. Transcriptionists may work in a variety of fields, such as legal, medical, or general transcription.
Ease of Landing a Job
If you can type quickly and have a strong attention to detail, then you should be able to land a job as a virtual transcriptionist. You’ll need a good internet connection (to download and upload files) and a USB transcription foot pedal and headset to connect to your computer. This equipment makes it faster and easier to transcribe, and both speed and accuracy will be essential to getting a job.
Transcriptionists typically have deadlines they need to meet and can work when they want as long as they meet those deadlines. Depending on the type of employer and job you get (e.g., a full-time transcriptionist for a law firm vs. a freelance transcriptionist), you may have more or less flexible hours. You may even be able to pick the projects you want to work on.
The pay for a work from home transcriptionist varies a lot depending on the company and the type of transcription work being done. For example, medical transcriptionists typically earn more because they have to understand many technical terms and unique words. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for a work from home transcriptionist in the United States is approximately $31,000 per year.
Who This Job is For
Transcribing is a great job for people who have excellent listening and typing skills, strong attention to detail, and a reliable internet connection. It’s also a good job if you have no experience because with a small investment in the right equipment and practice to boost your typing speed, you’ll have the skills you need to get started.
Working as a virtual transcriptionist can give you flexibility and autonomy. For introverts and people who like to work alone, it’s a great career path. Some companies even provide specific transcription software training as well as ongoing training and support to help transcriptionists improve their skills and accuracy, which opens the door to more complex assignments and higher earnings.
A virtual assistant is an administrative assistant who works remotely. Even some executive assistants work remotely. A virtual administrative assistant will work online to provide administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients remotely, often from their home office. They may perform a wide range of tasks, including scheduling meetings, managing email and social media accounts, conducting research, data entry, and managing travel arrangements.
The pay for a work from home virtual assistant can vary depending on the company and the nature of the work being done. According to data from PayScale, the average hourly rate for a work from home virtual assistant in the United States is around $16 per hour, but this can vary depending on experience, skills, and the scope of the work.
Who This Job is For
Working as a virtual assistant from home can be a good fit for people with no experience because many companies provide extensive training and support to their new hires. This can include specific software and tools training, as well as customer service and communication skills. Additionally, many companies offer ongoing training and support to help virtual administrative assistants improve their skills and efficiency.
Virtual assistant positions can also be an excellent opportunity for people who have strong organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail. It’s also important to be able to multitask, because virtual assistants must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines and communicate effectively with clients.
Working as a virtual assistant from home can also provide flexibility and autonomy. Many companies allow their virtual administrative assistants to set their own schedules and work from any location with an internet connection. This can be particularly appealing to people who prefer a work-from-home lifestyle or have other commitments, such as childcare or caregiving responsibilities.
A work from home graphic designer is responsible for creating visual designs for various projects, such as websites, marketing materials, social media posts, and product packaging. They use their creativity, software skills, and understanding of design principles to develop visually appealing and effective designs that meet their clients’ needs and requirements.
The pay for a work from home graphic designer can vary depending on their level of experience, skill set, and the nature of the work being done. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for a work from home graphic designer in the United States is around $51,000 per year.
Who This Job is For
Working as a graphic designer from home can be a good fit for people with no experience because many companies provide extensive training and support to their new hires. This can include specific software training, design principles, and industry best practices. Additionally, many companies offer ongoing training and support to help graphic designers improve their skills and keep up with the latest trends and technologies.
Graphic designer positions can also be an excellent opportunity for people who have a strong creative and artistic background, an eye for detail, and a passion for design. Graphic designers must be able to use their creativity and design skills to develop effective visual designs that meet their clients’ needs.
Working as a graphic designer from home can provide flexibility and autonomy. Many companies allow their graphic designers to set their own schedules and work from any location with an internet connection.
Social Media or Community Manager
A work from home social media manager is responsible for creating, curating, and managing content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for businesses or individuals. They use their knowledge of social media platforms, trends, social media marketing campaigns, and analytics to increase engagement, grow audiences, and drive traffic to websites.
The pay for a work from home social media manager can vary depending on their level of experience, the industry they work in, and the size of the company they work for. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for a work from home social media manager in the United States is around $50,000 per year.
Who This Job is For
Working as a social media or community manager from home can be a good fit for people with no experience because many companies provide extensive training and support to their new hires. This can include specific software training, social media strategy, and best practices. Additionally, many companies offer ongoing training and support to help social media managers improve their skills and keep up with the latest trends and technologies.
Social media positions can also be an excellent opportunity for people who have a strong interest in social media platforms and their potential for marketing and outreach. Social media managers must be able to develop content and strategies that are tailored to their clients’ audiences and brand voices.
Working as a social media manager from home can provide flexibility and autonomy as well as opportunities to gain experience creating a wide variety of projects. Many companies allow their social media managers to set their own schedules and work from any location with an internet connection. There is also significant opportunities for advancement as more experience is gained.
A work from home proofreader is responsible for reviewing written content, such as articles, books, and marketing materials, to ensure they’re free of errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting. They use their attention to detail, language proficiency, and familiarity with style guides to identify and correct errors in written text.
The pay for a work from home proofreader can vary depending on their level of experience, the industry they work in, and the size of the company they work for. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for a work from home proofreader in the United States is around $43,000 per year.
Who This Job is For
Working as a proofreader from home can be a good fit for people with no experience because many companies provide extensive training and support to their new hires. This can include specific software training, proofreading techniques, and style guides.
Proofreading positions can also be an excellent opportunity for people who have a strong command of written language, an eye for detail, and a passion for accuracy. Proofreaders must be able to catch even the smallest errors in written text and communicate their findings in a clear and concise manner.
Like other jobs on this list, working as a proofreader from home can also provide flexibility and autonomy. Many companies allow their proofreaders to set their own schedules and work from any location with an internet connection as long as they meet set deadlines for deliverables.
Outbound Lead Generation Representative
While sales representatives are responsible for closing sales, outbound lead generation representatives are responsible for conducting outreach, such as cold-calling, to generate sales qualified leads (SQL) for sales representatives. This frees up the sales representatives’ time, so they can focus on closing deals rather than trying to find new leads.
A work from home outbound lead generation agent is responsible for generating new leads for a company by making outbound calls, sending emails, and using other communication channels to reach out to potential customers. Their goal is to identify potential customers who are interested in the company’s products or services and set up appointments for sales representatives to follow up.
The pay for a work from home outbound lead generation agent can vary depending on the company they work for, their level of experience, and the industry they work in. According to data from Glassdoor, the average base salary for an outbound lead generation agent in the United States is around $33,000 per year. Many companies also offer bonuses to outbound lead gen agents.
Who This Job is For
Working as an outbound lead generation agent from home can be a good fit for people with no experience because many companies provide extensive training and support to their new hires. This can include specific sales techniques, product knowledge, and communication skills. Additionally, many companies offer ongoing training and support to help their agents improve their skills and keep up with the latest lead generation trends and technologies.
Outbound lead generation positions can also be an excellent opportunity for people who are outgoing, confident, and persistent. Lead generation agents must be able to effectively communicate with potential customers, build rapport, and overcome objections to set up appointments for sales representatives.
Working as an outbound lead generation agent from home can also provide both flexibility and autonomy. Many companies allow their agents to set their own schedules and work from any location as long as they have a reliable internet connection. Successful lead gen agents are likely to find many opportunities for promotions and career advancement.
How to Find Online Jobs (Work from Home Jobs) that Require Little or No Work Experience
The good news is there are many ways to find online jobs that allow you to work from home. In addition to the suggestions discussed in this section, take a look at the websites in the next section for specific websites where you can search for work at home jobs.
Identify Your Skills and Interests
Before you start applying for jobs, identify your skills and interests. This can help you narrow down your search so you find positions that are a good fit for your strengths and preferences. In other words, you’ll end up looking for a job you may actually like.
Join networking groups, particularly online, to connect with people who can put you in touch with hiring managers or who may be hiring remote workers for their companies. LinkedIn is a great place to start. There are many LinkedIn Groups for virtual workers and groups dedicated to specific careers, companies, and industries.
Facebook also has many networking groups. Specific career and industry organizations, online communities, and social media platforms also have groups and networking opportunities for job seekers.
Work with a Career Coach
A career coach can help you identify what types of jobs you should apply for and help you write a resume. They can also help you prepare for interviews and work with you to help you develop skills to negotiate your salary, schedule, and more. Contact us if you need help finding a career coach.
Do Your Research
Do your research to find companies that offer work from home positions. Look for job boards, social media groups, and company websites to find opportunities. Ten of the best websites to find virtual work are introduced in the following section of this guide.
10 Best Websites for Remote Job Seekers to Find Work
It’s important to note that even if you don’t have prior work experience, you may still have valuable skills and qualities that can be applied to various jobs. Be sure to highlight your strengths and abilities in your job applications and use job search websites to find opportunities that match your skills and interests.
When you’re looking for remote jobs, you can go directly to websites that focus on virtual job openings. There are websites that post full- and part-time work as well as sites that focus on freelance opportunities. Here are 10 excellent and legitimate websites to find remote work.
FlexJobs is a job search platform that specializes in remote and flexible work opportunities. It was founded in 2007 and has since become a leading resource for individuals seeking work-from-home jobs, part-time jobs, freelance work, or jobs with flexible schedules.
FlexJobs screens and verifies job postings before they’re posted on the site to ensure they are legitimate, high-quality job opportunities. The platform offers various job categories, including accounting, customer service, writing, editing, healthcare, and many more.
Job seekers can create a profile, set up job alerts, and search for jobs based on their preferences. FlexJobs charges a membership fee to access its job listings and services, but it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers.
Here are some steps to use FlexJobs to find a no experience work from home job:
- Create a profile: Start by creating a profile on FlexJobs.com. You’ll need to provide information about your skills, experience, and work preferences.
- Set up job alerts: Once your profile is complete, set up job alerts to receive notifications for relevant job postings. You can customize the alerts based on your preferred job type, location, and other criteria.
- Search for jobs: You can also browse job listings on FlexJobs.com using the search feature. Use keywords such as “entry-level,” “no experience,” or “work from home” to find jobs that fit your qualifications.
- Apply to jobs: Once you find a job that interests you, submit your application through the FlexJobs website. Many employers require that you create an account on their website or submit your application through a specific portal, so make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
- Use resources: FlexJobs.com also provides resources and articles on remote work, resume writing, and job interviews. Take advantage of these resources to help you prepare for your job search and interviews.
Virtual Vocations is specializes in finding, curating, and publishing remote and work-from-home jobs. The website lists job openings across a wide range of industries, including customer service, marketing, writing, IT, education, and healthcare.
The Virtual Vocations team works with employers to verify the legitimacy of each job posting and to ensure that the jobs listed on the site are not scams or fraudulent. This helps job seekers to have peace of mind when searching for remote job opportunities.
In addition, Virtual Vocations offers resources and tools to help job seekers with their job search, such as a resume builder, interview tips, and career advice.
Virtual Vocations is a great resource for finding work-from-home jobs, even if you don’t have any prior experience in the field you’re interested in.
Here’s how you can use the website to find a remote job:
- Create an account: The first step to using Virtual Vocations is to visit the website and create an account. This will allow you to search for jobs and set up job alerts for specific types of jobs that you’re interested in.
- Browse the job listings: Once you’ve created an account, you can start browsing the job listings on the site. You can use the search bar to search for jobs by keyword, or you can browse jobs by category or industry.
- Narrow down your search: If you’re looking for a work-from-home job with no experience, you may want to focus your search on entry-level positions or jobs that require minimal experience. You can use the filters on the left-hand side of the job listings page to narrow down your search by experience level, job type, and other criteria.
- Read job descriptions carefully: When you find a job that you’re interested in, make sure to read the job description carefully. Look for jobs that explicitly state that no prior experience is necessary or that offer on-the-job training.
- Customize your resume and cover letter: Even if you don’t have any prior experience in the field, you can still tailor your resume and cover letter to highlight your skills and qualifications. Make sure to emphasize any relevant skills or experience you have, such as volunteer work, coursework, certifications, or hobbies.
- Apply for jobs: Once you’ve found a job that you’re interested in and have customized your resume and cover letter, you can apply for the job directly through the Virtual Vocations website. Make sure to follow the application instructions carefully and submit any additional materials that are requested.
- Follow up: After you’ve submitted your application, it’s a good idea to follow up with the employer to express your interest in the job and ask if there are any next steps. You can do this by sending a brief email or message through the Virtual Vocations platform.
Remote.co is a website that connects job seekers with remote job opportunities. The platform offers job seekers a variety of resources, including a job board, expert advice, and networking opportunities. Remote.co was created with the goal to make it easier for job seekers to find remote jobs and for employers to find qualified remote workers.
Remote.co also offers resources to help you prepare for a remote job interview, negotiate your salary, and more. The website also offers expert advice on how to succeed as a remote worker and how to build a successful remote team.
Here are some steps to use Remote.co to find work from home jobs with no experience:
- Go to the Remote.co website: Visit the Remote.co website and create an account if you haven’t already. You can sign up for a free account by clicking on the “Sign up” button in the top right corner of the website.
- Search for job opportunities: After creating an account, you can start searching for job opportunities. Remote.co offers a search bar that allows you to search for jobs by keywords, job titles, or companies. You can also filter your search by category, job type, and level of experience.
- Look for entry-level positions: Look for job postings that specifically state they’re entry-level or require no experience. You can also filter your search results by “Entry Level” to see jobs that are suitable for people with little or no experience.
- Apply for jobs: Once you find a job that interests you, review the job description and requirements to ensure it matches your skills and qualifications. If you meet the requirements, submit your resume, cover letter, and any other required materials as instructed in the job posting.
- Follow up: After applying for a job, it’s important to follow up with the employer to reiterate your interest and confirm that they received your application.
LinkedIn was founded in 2002 and has since become the largest professional networking site with over 740 million members in more than 200 countries and territories. The platform offers various features such as job search, news and content sharing, messaging, groups, and company pages.
LinkedIn is widely used by job seekers, recruiters, businesses, and professionals across various industries. It provides a way for individuals to connect with others in their industry, showcase their expertise, and build their professional brand.
LinkedIn can be a powerful tool to find work-from-home jobs with no prior experience. Here are some steps you can take:
- Create a professional LinkedIn profile: Make sure your profile is up-to-date and well-written. Highlight your relevant skills, education, and any previous work experience, even if it’s not directly related to the type of work you’re looking for.
- Use the job search function: Go to the LinkedIn job search function and enter keywords related to the type of work you want to do. For example, enter “remote customer service” or “virtual administrative assistant.”
- Filter by remote jobs: Use the “Remote” filter to search for jobs that can be done from home.
- Look for entry-level positions: Search for entry-level positions that require little or no previous experience. Use keywords like “entry-level” or “no experience necessary” in your job search.
- Apply to jobs: Apply to jobs that match your skills and experience level. Make sure to tailor your resume and cover letter to each job you apply for.
- Network with others: Use LinkedIn to network with people who work in the industry you’re interested in. Join relevant groups and participate in discussions. This can help you learn more about the industry and potentially make connections that can lead to job opportunities.
Indeed is a leading online job search engine that enables job seekers to find employment opportunities posted on thousands of company career sites, job boards, and other sources. It was founded in 2004 and has become one of the most popular job search websites in the world. The platform is available in over 60 countries and supports job seekers in multiple languages.
Indeed provides a wide range of job search features, including job alerts, company reviews, salary estimates, and career advice. It’s free to use for both job seekers and employers. The site was designed to help job seekers find employment opportunities that match their skills and qualifications and to help employers connect with qualified candidates.
Here are steps you can follow to use Indeed to find work from home jobs with no experience:
- Visit Indeed.com: Go to the Indeed website and type “work from home” or “remote” into the “What” search bar and the name of your desired job title in the “Job title, Keywords, or Company” search bar.
- Filter remote opportunities: Click the “Remote” button to filter results to only show remote jobs.
- Narrow down your results: Scroll down the page and look for the “Job Type” section on the left-hand side of the page. Under “Job Type,” select “Full-time,” “Part-time,” “Contract,” or “Temporary” depending on your preference.
- Find entry-level jobs: If you don’t have any experience, you can filter jobs by “Entry Level” under the “Experience Level” section on the left-hand side of the page.
- Set up job alerts: You can also set up job alerts to receive emails when new jobs matching your criteria are posted. To do this, click the “Get new jobs for this search by email” link below the search bar, and enter your email address.
- Apply for jobs: Once you find a job you’re interested in, click on the job title to view the job description and requirements. Make sure you meet the qualifications listed, and then, apply for the job by following the instructions provided.
- Customize your application materials: Remember to customize your resume and cover letter to match the job requirements. Even if you don’t have any previous work experience, you can emphasize any relevant skills or qualifications you have, such as coursework, volunteer experience, or extracurricular activities.
ZipRecruiter is an online employment marketplace that connects employers with job seekers. It’s one of the largest job search engines in the United States, with millions of job postings and resumes on its platform.
ZipRecruiter uses advanced technology to match job seekers with relevant job openings based on their skills, experience, and location. Employers can post job listings and manage applications through the platform and use ZipRecruiter’s screening tools to pre-screen and filter candidates. Job seekers can create profiles, upload resumes, and apply to job openings directly through the platform.
ZipRecruiter also offers a range of additional services for employers, such as applicant tracking, background checks, and job promotion tools. The platform is available both as a website and a mobile app, and it is free for job seekers to use. However, employers need to pay a fee to post job listings and access additional features.
Here are the steps you can follow to use ZipRecruiter to find a work from home job with no experience:
- Go to the ZipRecruiter website: Either visit the website or download the ZipRecruiter app on your mobile device.
- Create an account: Create a free account by providing your email address and setting a password.
- Start your search: Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be directed to the homepage. In the search bar, type in “work from home” or “remote” and select your desired location. Hit the search button and you’ll be shown a list of job openings that match your search criteria.
- Narrow the results: To further refine your search, use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to select a job category, experience level, and job type (full-time, part-time, contract, and so on). Look for job listings that mention “no experience required” or “entry-level.” These job postings are specifically geared towards candidates with little or no experience.
- Review the results: Review the job description and requirements carefully to see if the job is a good fit for you.
- Apply to jobs: If you find a job that you’re interested in, click on the job title to see more details about the position and how to apply. Some job listings may require you to upload a resume or cover letter, while others may ask you to fill out an application form directly on the ZipRecruiter platform.
SimplyHired is a job search engine and online recruitment advertising network that allows job seekers to search for job listings and employers to post job openings. It was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
SimplyHired aggregates job listings from various sources, including company career pages, job boards, and staffing agencies, and provides a platform for job seekers to search for and apply to jobs.
The website also offers resources for job seekers, such as salary information, career advice, and job market trends. SimplyHired was acquired by Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. in 2016.
Here are the steps you can take to use SimplyHired to find work from home jobs with no experience:
- Go to the Simply Hired website: Visit the SimplyHired website by typing www.simplyhired.com in your web browser’s address bar.
- Enter your search criteria: On the homepage, enter your search criteria in the search bar. You can use keywords like “work from home,” “remote,” “telecommute,” or “virtual” along with the job title you’re interested in. For example, if you’re looking for a customer service job, you can enter “work from home customer service” in the search bar.
- Filter your search: Once you’ve entered your search criteria, you can use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to narrow down your search results. You can filter by location, job type, salary, experience level, and more. Select “Entry Level” or “No Experience Required” under the “Experience Level” filter to find jobs that don’t require experience.
- Review the job listings: Scroll through the job listings to find ones that match your skills and interests. Read the job description carefully to ensure that the job is a good fit for you.
- Apply for jobs: Once you’ve found a job that you’re interested in, click on the job title to view the full job listing. Follow the instructions on how to apply for the job, which may include submitting your resume, cover letter, and/or other application materials.
- Follow up: After you’ve applied for a job, it’s always a good idea to follow up with the employer to ensure they received your application.
Wellfound (formerly AngelList)
Wellfound is a platform for startups, investors, and job seekers in the technology industry. It was founded as AngelList in 2010 by Naval Ravikant and Babak Nivi. The platform allows startups to connect with potential investors and job seekers to connect with startups. It also provides tools and services for investors to manage their investments, and for startups to manage their fundraising processes.
Wellfound is made up of two main components: a job board and a fundraising platform. The job board allows startups to post job listings and connect with job seekers who are interested in working in the technology industry. The fundraising platform allows startups to create fundraising profiles and connect with potential investors.
The platform also provides tools and services for investors to manage their investments, including portfolio tracking, deal flow management, and due diligence tools.
Wellfound has become a popular platform for startups and investors in the technology industry, and has helped to facilitate many successful investments and job placements.
It’s a great platform to find remote work opportunities. Here are the steps to use Wellfound to find work-from-home jobs with no experience:
- Sign up for a Wellfound account: To use Wellfound, you’ll need to create an account on the platform. You can sign up using your email address, or by connecting your Google account.
- Create your profile: Once you’ve signed up, you’ll need to create your profile. Make sure you include all relevant information about your skills, experience, and education. If you don’t have any work experience, focus on highlighting any relevant skills or projects that you’ve worked on.
- Search for remote jobs: Wellfound has a job board that allows you to search for remote jobs. You can filter your search by location, job function, and experience level. Make sure to select “Remote” under the “Location” filter to find work-from-home jobs.
- Apply for jobs: Once you’ve found a job that you’re interested in, you can apply directly through the Wellfound platform. Make sure to customize your application to highlight any relevant skills or experience you have, even if it’s not related to the job you’re applying for.
- Follow up: After you’ve applied for a job, it’s a good idea to follow up with the employer to show your interest and enthusiasm for the position. You can do this through the messaging feature on Wellfound.
Upwork is a global freelancing platform that connects businesses with independent professionals who can help them complete various projects. The platform offers a wide range of services, including web and mobile development, design, writing, marketing, customer service, and more.
Upwork enables businesses to find talented professionals with the skills they need, regardless of their location. The platform also allows professionals to showcase their skills and expertise, apply for job opportunities, and collaborate with clients. Freelancers can set their own rates and work on a flexible schedule.
Upwork also provides tools for project management, communication, and payments, making it easier for clients and freelancers to work together efficiently and securely.
You can apply for jobs on Upwork even if you have no prior experience. Upwork has job opportunities for a wide range of skills and experience levels, including entry-level jobs for beginners. However, keep in mind that competition can be fierce, and having relevant experience and skills can increase your chances of getting hired.
When you’re starting out, it can be helpful to build a strong profile that showcases your skills, education, and any relevant projects or coursework. You can also take skills tests on Upwork to demonstrate your proficiency in a particular area.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use Upwork to find work from home jobs with no experience:
- Sign up for an Upwork account: If you don’t already have one, create an account on the Upwork website. You’ll need to provide some basic information about yourself, including your name, email address, and a password.
- Complete your profile: Fill out your profile on Upwork with as much detail as possible. Include your education, skills, and any relevant experience you have, even if it’s not related to the type of work you’re looking for. You can also take skills tests to demonstrate your proficiency in specific areas.
- Search for jobs: Use Upwork’s search feature to look for jobs that match your skills and interests. You can filter by job category, location, and other criteria to find the right opportunities.
- Apply for jobs: Once you find a job you’re interested in, carefully read the job description and requirements. Write a tailored response that highlights your relevant skills and experience. Even if you don’t have direct experience in the job area, emphasize any transferable skills or experience you have that could be useful. Be sure to proofread your application before submitting it.
- Follow up: If you don’t hear back from a prospective client, don’t be afraid to follow up after a few days to express your continued interest in the job.
- Be persistent: Finding work on Upwork can take time and effort, especially if you have no experience. Keep applying for jobs, refining your profile, and building your skills and portfolio to get noticed by more clients.
- Be professional: Once you do land a job, be professional and communicative with your client. Meet all deadlines, be responsive to feedback, and keep your client informed of your progress.
Freelancer.com is an online platform that connects businesses and individuals with freelancers from all over the world. The platform offers a wide range of services, including web development, graphic design, writing, data entry, and more.
Clients can post projects on the site and receive bids from freelancers who are interested in doing the work. Freelancers can also search for and apply to jobs posted by clients.
Freelancer.com provides a platform for communication, project management, and payment processing. The platform offers various membership levels and fees, depending on the services required by clients and freelancers.
It is possible to find a job on Freelancer.com with no prior experience, but it may be more challenging. When starting out, you can consider taking on smaller projects to build your portfolio and gain some experience. It’s important to communicate your willingness to learn and your enthusiasm for the work to potential clients.
Additionally, it can be helpful to take advantage of Freelancer.com’s certification programs and online courses to improve your skills and credibility. This can help you stand out from other freelancers who may not have these qualifications.
Here are some steps you can take to use Freelancer.com to find a work from home job with no experience:
- Sign up for a Freelancer.com account: If you don’t already have one, create an account on Freelancer.com. Fill out your profile with relevant details about your skills, education, and any other experience you may have.
- Explore the job categories: Browse through the different job categories on the platform and look for jobs that match your skills and knowledge.
- Submit proposals: Once you find a job that interests you, submit a proposal to the client. Make sure you read the job description carefully and tailor your proposal to highlight your relevant skills and qualifications. You can also explain your willingness to learn.
- Communicate effectively: If the client is interested in your proposal, they may reach out to you for an interview or to ask more questions about your qualifications. Be sure to communicate clearly and professionally, and respond to their messages in a timely manner.
- Deliver quality work: If you’re selected for the job, make sure you deliver high-quality work that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations. This can help you build a good reputation on the platform, which can increase your chances of getting more work in the future.
- Build your portfolio: As you complete more jobs on Freelancer.com, be sure to add them to your portfolio to showcase your work to potential clients. This can help you establish your credibility and increase your chances of finding more work and landing more paying clients.
How to Apply for an Online Job With No Work Experience
Applying for a work from home job is similar to applying for any other job, but there are some unique things to keep in mind. Here are some tips:
Customize Your Resume and Cover Letter
Don’t send the same generic resume to every job posting. Instead, always tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job you’re applying for. Highlight your skills and how they align directly with the job requirements as they’re written in the job description.
Highlight Remote Working Experience
Even if you don’t have direct work from home experience, highlight any experience you have working independently or in a remote environment. For example, if you’ve worked on group projects remotely for school or volunteered for a remote organization, make sure you include this experience on your resume.
In fact, volunteering is a great way to get some experience as a virtual worker to show potential employees that you have the work ethic and self-discipline to be successful!
Prepare for Remote Interviews
Get ready for remote interviews in advance by testing your technology and ensuring you have a quiet and professional workspace. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer questions about your work style and your ability to work independently.
Keep in mind, work from home jobs often require strong communication skills, self-discipline, and time-management skills. Be prepared to demonstrate these skills during interviews and prepare stories and examples to show how you successfully used these skills in the past.
After submitting your resume and/or application, follow up with the company to show your interest in the position. This can help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate your professionalism and proactive follow-through. Also, always follow up after an interview to thank the interviewers for their time and reiterate your interest in the position.
Be Patient and Persistent
It may take some time to find the right work from home job, especially if you have no experience. Don’t get discouraged! Keep applying to positions that align with your skills and interests.
How to Tell if a Remote Job is Legitimate (and Not a Scam)
Unfortunately, many remote job ads are actually scams developed to steal your identity. I’ve seen these types of scams firsthand and can tell you with confidence that a job that sounds too good to be true is a scam. Think of it this way – if a job was truly that amazing, word would have already spread and everyone else would already be trying to get that job.
Therefore, when you’re looking for job opportunities, you have to be aware of and actively look out for potential scams. Here are some tips to help you identify if a job is legitimate or a scam:
Research the Company
First, research the company offering the job. Look for information about the company’s history, leadership, news, and reviews from current and former employees. If you can’t find any information about the company, don’t apply for the job.
Check for Company Contact Information
Legitimate job postings will include contact information for the company offering the job. If you can’t find contact information for the company, it may be a red flag. I’m not saying it’s definitely a red flag, because some employers don’t want the entire world to know they’re hiring for a specific position.
However, word travels quickly online, and it’s not uncommon for a company to get hundreds and hundreds of applications for a single job. To reduce that number, they don’t include the company name in job postings. A good rule of thumb is when in doubt, don’t apply.
Look for Official Company Websites and Social Media Profiles/Pages
Legitimate companies will have official websites with detailed information about their products or services. Be cautious of job listings that direct you to websites that have very little information.
Legitimate companies are also likely to have social media profiles/pages, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and so on. While it’s true that not every company has a presence on all of these social media platforms, absence on the most popular platforms could be one more red flag against a questionable job posting.
Check the Job Listing Details
If a job listing has little or no details about the position, requirements, or company, it may be a red flag. Research the company and its leadership team before you apply.
Beware of Unrealistic Offers and Any Websites, Jobs or Offers that Ask You for Money
Be wary of job offers that promise high pay for little work or require you to pay a fee upfront. First, if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Second, never pay anything to get a job or interview.
Avoid Job Offers that Require Personal Information
Be cautious of job offers that require personal information like your Social Security Number, bank account details, or credit card information. Legitimate employers will not ask for this information upfront.
Let me say that again – legitimate employers will never ask for your personally identifiable information prior to extending a job offer. The first time they’re likely to ask for this information is prior to conducting a background check or when they ask you to fill out your W-4 Form (or W-9 Form for independent contractors).
Use Trusted Job Search Websites
Use reputable job search websites and avoid websites that require you to pay a fee to access job listings. Keep in mind, questionable job postings could end up on reputable websites, but the chances are much smaller. The point is you always need to do your due diligence, no matter where you find a job posting.
Trust Your Instincts
One more time because I can’t say it enough – if a job offer seems suspicious or too good to be true, trust your instincts and don’t apply.
How to Write Your Resume to Land a Work from Home Job with No Experience
Making money at home does not always require experience or degrees. Instead, focus on your transferable skills in your resume. Here are some tips to help you create a resume for a work from home job:
Use a Functional Resume Format
A functional resume format focuses on your skills and abilities, rather than your reverse-chronological work experience. This format is ideal if you have little or no work experience.
Highlight Your Skills
Focus on highlighting skills that are relevant to the job you’re applying for even if you’ve never had that specific type of job. For example, if you’re applying for a customer service role, highlight skills like communication, problem-solving, and customer service. Volunteering is a great way to build these skills.
Showcase Relevant Experience
If you have any experience that is relevant to the job you’re applying for, include it in the beginning of your resume. Using the customer service example again, if you’ve volunteered in customer service or sales roles, include those experiences on your resume. They’re directly relevant to a paying customer support job.
Emphasize Your Virtual Work Skills
If you have experience working remotely or have developed skills that are important for working from home, highlight them on your resume. For example, if you’re skilled in time management, have experience meeting deadlines, or have experience using remote communication tools like Zoom or Slack, include those skills on your resume. Every little bit can help you stand out from another candidate who has little or no experience.
Highlight Your Education
If you’ve completed any relevant coursework or training programs, include them on your resume. This includes high school, college, certifications, training, and so on. Highlighting your education can help demonstrate your commitment to learning and your willingness to gain new skills.
Customize Your Resume
Don’t send the same generic resume in response to every job posting. Instead, tailor your resume to each specific job you apply for. Research the company and the position description to identify the skills and experiences that are most important, and if you have those skills and experiences, make sure it’s extremely easy to find them in your resume.
Keep It Concise
Your resume should be brief and to the point. If you have little or no experience, keep your resume to one page. Importantly, make sure your most important skills and experiences are easy to find near the top of your resume.
Frequently Asked Questions about Entry Level Work from Home Jobs
Following are answers to common questions that are often asked about jobs for people who want to work at home but don’t have much (or any) experience.
Is it possible to work from home with no experience?
Yes. There are many different roles that require minimal skills and experience and can be done remotely. A wide variety of companies hire people to fill these roles. Read the guide above for all the details you need to know.
Can someone work for Amazon from home? What about other Google or other big companies?
Many large companies offer work at home jobs for employees and contractors, including Google, Amazon, and more.
What is the easiest job to do from home?
Easy is a subjective term. What’s easy for one person won’t necessarily be easy for another person. The easiest job to do from home is the one that you’re most interested in, aligns with skills you already have or want to learn, and fits with your lifestyle.
What kind of work at home jobs can I do with no experience?
There are many work at home jobs available for people with no experience, including data entry clerk, content writing, customer service, transcription, virtual assistant, and more. The most important thing is to do your research and find a job that aligns with your skills, lifestyle, and interests.
What skills are required for work at home jobs?
The skills required for work at home jobs vary depending on the specific job. However, some common skills for most remote jobs include time management, communication, organization, self-discipline, problem-solving, and proficiency in relevant software or tools.
How do I find legitimate work at home jobs?
To find legitimate work at home jobs, use the websites and recommendations provided above in this guide.
Can I make a decent income with work at home jobs?
Yes, many work at home jobs offer competitive salaries and benefits, including an entry level position. The pay will vary depending on the specific job and company as well as your background knowledge and experience level. Furthermore, your pay will increase as you gain more skills and experience.
Do I need any special equipment or software to work from home?
The equipment and software programs needed to work from home vary depending on the job and employer. Some basic technology requirements include a reliable computer, high-speed internet, email, phone, and a headset or microphone for communication.
How do I apply for work at home jobs with no experience?
To apply, focus on highlighting your relevant skills and abilities in your resume and cover letter. You can take online courses or training programs to develop new skills. Read the guide above for more recommendations and to find legitimate websites to find virtual positions.
How can I improve my chances of getting hired for a work at home position with no experience?
Networking, building your skills, and customizing your resume and cover letter to fit the job requirements can help improve your chances of getting hired for an entry level position when you have no experience. In addition, consider working with a career coach to improve your resume writing, job search, and interview skills.
Are there any training or education programs available for work at home jobs?
Yes, many training and education programs are available for remote workers. Online courses and certification programs can help you develop the skills you need for many types of entry level roles. A quick online search for education or training related to the kind of job you want is likely to provide multiple learning opportunities – both free and affordable.
How do I avoid work at home job scams?
To avoid work at home job scams, research the company thoroughly and be wary of any job postings that make unrealistic claims or require you to pay money. Review the recommendations in this guide above for more help spotting scams.
Can work at home jobs be a long-term career?
Yes, an online job can be a long-term career. Many companies offer opportunities for growth and advancement, and remote work has become increasingly popular in a variety of industries. In addition, freelancing and the gig economy continue to grow, which helps normalize remote work and open even more opportunities.
Key Takeaways and Next Steps
With the increasing popularity of remote work, there are plenty of opportunities available if you want to start working from home. By following the recommendations in this guide, you’ll be on your way to building a successful career in a work at home job.
Want to remember these quotes, so you can look at them again when you need inspiration and motivation? Save this post to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Leave a Reply