Carolinas Captioning is headquartered in North Carolina and offers real-time text transcription; real-time closed captioning; off-line roll-up captions; real-time text streaming; and basic transcription services to government agencies, corporations, educational institutions, news organizations, and others.
Christine attributes her success to her parents who taught her good core values. She uses these attributes to conduct her business. She states that the best business advice she ever got was from a female executive who said, “If you want to get better at what you are doing, connect with people who are better than you.” Christine took this advice seriously and opened herself up to learn from her peers.
One of these peers is Jeanette Christian, owner of 20/20 Captioning & stenoCART. Together they created the platform called 1CapApp, which is easy-to-read, extremely fast real-time text streaming. Another peer that she attributes her success to is, Denise Phipps, owner of Captions Unlimited, who has taught her to not be afraid of trying new things.
Tips and Secrets of Success from Christine
Get an action plan and use sayings like, “Let’s Go” to help you keep focused and move forward. Christine states that this phrase has become part of her DNA and is broken down as follows:
- Listen: Listen closely to your clients. They will share with you what’s new and what’s coming so you can get in front with new product and service offers.
- Execute: Execute with excellence. Quality control is a must!
- Talk: Talk to everyone you meet about your company. You could end up with the best client because someone has an uncle who has a cousin who has a…
- Serve: Serve your community with a genuine heart. If you believe in the cause, people will believe in you.
- Grow: Grow by taking risks. Overcome the fear of the unknown. Just go for it.
- Offer: Offer to help your peers. Don’t pull the ladder up behind you. Mentor and share your knowledge.