Alicia Booth works with The University of Wisconsin Department of Medicine assisting hearing impaired or deaf medical students through their surgery rotation. Leveraging her experience, education, and specific areas of expertise, she successfully launched an innovative business that filled an untapped niche.
Alicia graduated from The University of New Mexico with a BA in Sign Language Interpreting and a BA in Journalism. Having found a niche helping students in College to extend their reach unencumbered by disabilities, Alicia is in special demand to expand her business on a national scale to make her company Deaf-Pro avail
Business Tips and Secrets
Alicia offers the following business tips and secrets to anyone who is thinking of starting a business or needs to find motivation and direction to keep growing their business:
- Picture what you are trying to achieve.
- Do not be afraid to introduce creativity into business.
- Push against standards and get happy clients who need new services.
- Take care of yourself by keeping a balance.
- Try to assist team, family, and business associates to take care of themselves.
- Encourage team members under supervision to eat healthy, exercise, and be health conscious.
You can connect with Alicia or get assistance with any language access needs through her company website through the link to the Deaf-Pro website earlier in this article.
If you would like to be featured in a future business woman profile for the Women of Innovation series, contact Jim Nico at [email protected].