Both women and men have critical roles to play in empowering women to lead forward according to Irene Becker of Just Coach It-The 3Q Edge™. In a recent article on the 3Q Leadership Blog, she wrote,
“The writing is on the walls of our lives, our communities, our organizations and our world; it is time for women to lead forward. And it is time for men to champion their sisters, because our individual and collective hope for a better future lies in men and women collaborating and leading forward together.”
Irene is absolutely correct. I agree with her when she explains that the role of human potential is genderless, and it’s time for people to recognize it if we want business, humanity, and the world to move forward.
Irene offers 10 critical steps forward for women and leadership. You can read highlights of some of those steps below. Head over to her full article to get all of the details and her complete insights. It’s a fantastic read, and I’m not surprised that colleges like Stanford University have been sharing it on Twitter.
- Empowerment is an internal and external journey that doesn’t happen overnight.
- Stereotypes must be challenged, but the pull of the past is strong. We have to fight the past in order to move forward.
- Don’t become a victim of your biology, rather the biological imperative that women have to help the world lead forward.
- To lead forward, we need to focus better on the potential of human beings, not the goal to be faster. Purpose = profit.
- Stop competing and start collaborating in order to be stronger.
- Get empowered and re-inspired, and use this momentum to inspire others because the traditionally male model of leadership isn’t working.
- Recognize and celebrate organizations and male leaders who have the courage, vision and values to champion women leaders.
The importance of elevating women to vocal leadership roles cannot be emphasized enough. Irene writes:
“Most of the world and most of womankind goes to bed hungry, disadvantaged and beaten in one way or the other. The strength of those who have a voice, to use their voices to lead forward is critical. The strength of those who have been enabled with learning to use their knowledge to help others is imperative. The strength of those who refuse to let go of their faith, hope, humanity, integrity and courage is our hope for a better future.
“When we embrace our true potential, and do so with humanity, humility and the desire to serve the greatest good, we rekindle the most important fire of all; the fire of human potential-the fire of leading forward together!”
Will you be one of the men and women who helps to re-ignite human potential by leading forward together?
Carrollynne Antoun says
So what good tips can you give to me to start a life again after having it turned upside down? I’ve been living and working in Australia for the last 9 years and am now back in the UK and am not quite sure where to start again over here. I’m a trainer, teacher, facilitator, coach and mentor.
Cover letters, CV styles and how everything has changed over here is amazing and I’d love some assisstance! Most of my friends here have been fantastic, but how come some of my female contacts have been the ones to let me down?