Blogging is a great way for a business to show their personal side. You can give people a behind the scenes view of how you run your business. Maybe you want to share how you choose the business tools you use. You might even want to introduce your team members.
But for many people starting a blog seems like a huge undertaking.
4 Common Questions about Business and Blogging
- Should I blog for my business?
- Can blogging create an income?
- Is it possible to travel the world, blog, and make money?
- Would reviewing products on a blog be income generating?
The list could go on and on.
Before you start a blog, you need to find your niche. In other words who is your blog for? Is it for pet owners, business owners? Basically, what you blog about is going to be in line with your niche.
When choosing a niche you want to make sure it’s a niche that will bring traffic to your website.
5 Tips to Choose a Blogging Niche
- Don’t choose a niche that’s too saturated.
- Avoid choosing a niche that’s unknown.
- Choose a niche that you find interesting.
- Be passionate about your niche. It will be easier to write about a topic you are passionate about.
- Research your niche for topics to write about. Visit online forums, Facebook groups, LinkedIn, etc. to find ideas for what you will write about.
One of my clients is in the wedding industry. That’s her niche. I will be writing her blog posts, which will consist of wedding planning tips, budgets, etc. The blog will be a resource for brides planning their special day.
It’s easier for my client to delegate the blog writing to an expert so she can work on what she does best, creating customized wedding veils. You could do the same thing. Delegate the writing to someone else.
Once you choose your niche, it’s important that you stay consistent. Choose a day of the week that you will have your blog posts go live. This will help your readers know when to expect new information on your blog.
Sometimes people worry about their blog looking like a ghost town with no comments. I have visited a number of blogs where there are no comments and yet the blog site was popular. Some sites don’t allow comments at all.
What that tells you is, don’t worry if you don’t get many comments at first. I’ve had people comment via email and not on my blog, so don’t be discouraged.
If you can get these blogging basics down pat, you will be in a better position to have a successful blog. Blogging is a long term strategy, but it is a great way for any business to show their knowledge and expertise in their field.
It’s also a way to keep your website fresh which Google loves.