NEWS AND INSIGHTS UPDATE:
When you’re the only woman (or one of few women) in a male-dominated workplace, it can be hard to fit in and harder to stand out in positive ways. Jane Fang for The Daily Muse offers seven ways that women can thrive in a workplace that is dominated by men:
- The squeaky wheel gets the grease: Be vocal.
- Beer is for bonding: Opportunities often happen outside the office.
- Avoid being too easily offended: But know when to draw the line.
- Don’t be anyone’s coffee or lunch getter: If the men aren’t doing it, then neither should you.
- Don’t be the “yes” woman: Learn how and when to say “no.”
- Play to your strengths (even when they’re stereotypes): If those strengths are good qualities, show them off.
- Get a sponsor: Mentors are your best advocates.
Read More: 7 Ways Women Can Dominate in a Male-Dominated Workplace via www.thedailymuse.com