Would you be interested in being featured in a board candidate reference e-publication?
Yesterday, Board Guru Tracy Houston of Board Resource Services, LLC shared steps to have a board-level conversation on LinkedIn with Women on Business, and now she’s sharing details about a new board candidate reference publication as well as an invitation to submit yourself to be featured in the publication.
The goal of the new e-publication is to connect board-ready candidates with board seat recruiters. Here is what is included for featured candidates:
- Name, title and email address
- Your biography (200 word limit)
- Written recommendation from a CEO, board/committee chair, or director (required – 2 sentences). As an important endorsement, their name and title will be included.
Tracy provides some details about the evolution of the board candidate reference publication saying:
“A comparable resource was produced recently for participants who attended the Moving the Needle Conference 2012. That board candidate reference publication included featured candidate bios. The e-publication format (PDF) will be similar with a letter of introduction that I will write, followed by the candidate’s biographical information.
“Note that the order of information next to your picture in the e-publication will be the same but your written recommendation will be directly below your biographical information. The e-publication theme will be Independent Director Candidates, and it will be circulated through an extensive social media campaign that reaches 500,000 people via LinkedIn groups, blogs and direct email. I will begin including the e-publication as part of that campaign on March 15, 2013.”
The submission deadline is February 28, 2013. Submissions are free for Board Resource Services clients and $100.00 for 2013 non-clients.
If you want to submit yourself to the e-publication, Tracy offers these three steps to do it:
- Review the attached Moving the Needle Conference 2012 Resource Guide. Featured bios begin on page 12.
- Fill out the Board Candidate Publication Submission Form with an attached photograph.
- Return the form via email and your payment (if required) via regular mail to the addresses on the submission form by February 28, 2013.