Unfortunately, most companies are getting it wrong in terms of marketing to women. Considering that women make or influence the vast majority of purchase decisions, you’d think that companies would make an effort to more effectively reach the female consumer audience.
I wrote a series about brand positioning for marketing to women for Ask Your Target Market that offers some insight into this topic. You can follow the links below to read those articles. Also, check out the infographic below from Creatage for a visual perspective on marketing to women.
- Part 1 – What is Gender Branding?
- Part 2 – Why is Marketing to Women Important?
- Part 3 – The Gender Differences in Thinking and How They Affect Buying Decisions
- Part 4 – Tips to Market to Women Effectively
- Part 5 – Using Market Research in Marketing to Women
- Part 6 – Real World Gender Branding Examples to Learn From
Click the infographic to view it at full size.