Would you want to telecommute if you could? Why or why not?
Each year TeamViewer conducts a survey of American telecommuters to identify the benefits of telecommuting as well as the unique demands that come with working remotely. However, the benefits to employees can also be benefits to employers. For example, the survey revealed that 50% of telecommuters believe they are more productive working from home while another 23% believe they are much more productive when they work from home.
Telecommuters identify the following benefits as some of the best perks of working from home:
- Saving money on gas and having no daily commute = 80%
- Improved work-life balance = 54%
- Lower stress and better health = 52%
- Ability to complete household chores while working (e.g., laundry) = 50%
- No involvement in office gossip = 38%
- Ability to be near children during the day = 25%
The survey also reveals that technology plays a large part in making telecommuting work so well for both employees and employers. Take a look at the infographic below to see the types of technology that telecommuters rely on to do their jobs remotely.