C. Jeanette Christian is the founder and president of 20/20 Captioning & stenoCART and a co-developer of the 1CapApp (with Christine Woods of Carolinas Captioning), which is a real-time text streaming platform.
Based in Topeka, Kansas, her team can provide real-time text streaming to clients anywhere in the world. Jeanette is a Nationally Certified real-time writer with over 20 years of experience and holds the following certifications: CSR, RPR, RMR, CRR, CBC, CCP, RDR.
Attributes of Success
Jeanette attributes her success first to her parents who instilled the value of hard work and giving back when she was a young girl; and second to her mentor, Debora Cunningham. Debbie even took a backseat, when it meant pushing Jeanette beyond her comfort zone to move forward.
Jeanette also gives credit to her business partner, Christine Woods, whose loyal friendship, like mindedness, and keen networking ability inspired the development of 1CapApp—their cutting-edge product.
Tips and Secrets of Success from Jeanette
- Lead with heart and surround yourself with other talented and successful people who share your same passion and values.
- Be willing to ask for help, delegate, and trust the people around you. Success is assembling the correct team to support you.
- Recognize your team members often and praise them for all their hard work. Be humble. You did not get here on your own.
- Be willing to adapt and embrace change. Technology changes as we sleep. Be curious and not afraid to try to figure it out. Learn from your mistakes.
- Never wait for an opportunity to fall in your lap. Take calculated risks and make them happen.
- Express thanks to your consumers with a handwritten thank you note. Never miss an opportunity to thank them!
- Identify all the things you love about your life and set goals. Work towards it.
- Bottom line, find that one thing that you love to do and do it well.
More about Jeanette and Her Business
Jeanette’s team at 20/20 has provided captioning and CART services at graduations and many conventions throughout the United States, including: Alexander Graham Bell, Deafway II, Americans with Disabilities Act Symposium, Self Help Hard of Hearing, National Council on Independent Living, National Association of the Deaf, and the Hearing Loss Association of America. Jeanette is also experienced in capturing verbatim testimony of expert witnesses, celebrities, and distinguished leaders throughout the world. Jeanette’s latest accomplishment, 1CapApp is a secured text streaming platform created by steno captioners for CART providers, captioners and court reporters. Using state-of-the-art technology, 1CapApp is designed to give an enjoyable, easy-to-read, extremely fast real-time text streaming experience.
You can learn more about Jeanette and connect with her through the 20/20 Captioning website or on Twitter (@2020captioning or @1CapApp)