The third business woman to be profiled in Women of Innovation is international speaker Jen Grisanti, an acclaimed story, script, and career consultant at Jen Grisanti Consultancy, Inc.
Grisanti is also a writing instructor for NBC’s Writers on the Verge, a former studio executive, a blogger for Huffington Post, and the author of Change Your Story, Change Your Life: A Path to Your Success.
The 3-Fold Mindset to Success
Jen credits her business success to a threefold mindset:
- Defining a clear vision
While working as an assistant to her mentor, the legendary Aaron Spelling, Jen used her mindset and discipline to grow from Spelling’s assistant to Executive Director, Current Programs at Spelling Television, Inc. From there she became Vice President of Current Programs at CBS/Paramount in 2004—a position she held until 2007.
After much research and receiving encouragement from executives at Creative Artists Agency, Jen decided to activate her goal of having her own consultancy. By applying her three-stage approach to starting her own business, Jen turned a dream into ongoing success. Jen Grisanti Consultancy, Inc., is thriving, and she has a new book coming out in July.
6 Strategies to Catalyze Your Dreams
Jen suggests the following strategies for business women and men to catalyze their dreams:
- Adopt the mindset of Vision, Research, Action.
- Buy books in the desired area of aspiration to bolster research.
- Attend seminars in the particular niche of your business goals.
- Reach out to experts in the area of aspiration.
- Adopt the attitude, “You have to constantly educate yourself.”
- Recognize, learn from, and give credit to important mentors and influencers.
Identifying Your Influencers, Mentors, and Inspirations
Jen recognizes that there are many people who helped her along her path to success. She gives special thanks to a number of people, including:
- Aaron Spelling, her mentor over the course of 12 years
- Allan Weiss, Ph.D., Summit Consulting Group
- Brendon Burchard, business and marketing trainer and author of The Millionaire Messenger
- The early influence of the legendary Robert McKee, creative writing instructor and author
You can find Jen on LinkedIn, follow the link at the beginning of this article to visit her website, and find her books on Amazon.
If you would like to be featured in a future business woman profile for the Women of Innovation series, contact Jim Nico at [email protected].