Viveka von Rosen is smart, bold, and fast. You meet her and you hope to get to know her as you sense she knows how to make ‘cents’ of business. As I spoke with Viveka for the Women of Innovation column, I felt a quick link to the ‘LinkedIn Expert’ with the contagious laugh. A laugh that says, “You know me—we have known each other for years—even though we just met!”
A New Breed of Business Woman
Viveka lives, breathes, and leads. She rides every wave as a new breed of business woman. She starts with humility, being first to point to those who helped her. Mari Smith tops her list of those she thanks for help on her way up and through the social media climb.
Along with Mari, who helped her when she got her start and still helps her today, Viveka credits Bob Burg, for Endless Referrals and The Go-Giver. She expresses gratitude for the late Trey Pennington and Joel Comm for valuable insights. Then Viveka dives into the big goals and haunting fears of one who aims high.
Secrets and Tips from Viveka
- Ask for those interviews that are hard to get.
- Ask hard questions.
- Find a business expert with whom you can identify as quickly as you can.
- Have the courage to ask to work with others.
- Don’t restrict yourself to what used to be possible; we are the world we live in. Viveka explains, “My job didn’t exist 10 years ago!”
- When you succeed, you might feel like a fake. Face this feeling with growth, progress, and the knowledge that many other successful people have felt the same way.
Viveka is the author of LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day. You can find Viveka and be inspired by her on her website, Linked into Business and connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter (@linkedinexpert).
If you would like to be featured in a future business woman profile for the Women of Innovation series, contact Jim Nico at [email protected]