I love it when I find a company that focuses on supporting women in business.Â Today, I found a company called [email protected], which operates under a unique business model.Â [email protected] opened in 2002 with the mission of helping women at every stage of their career successfully navigate their re-entries into the workforce.
[email protected] serves two groups: women who are interested in both part-time and full-time work and the employers who need skills and expertise those women have to offer.Â More recently, [email protected] has expanded its mission to not only help women who are re-entering the workforce but also to help “more recent (within three years) and current professional women who are exploring traditional and non-traditional work options and are interested in the network of women helping other women.”
While [email protected] helps to place women in positions in the New York and Boston metro areas only, the company does offer a variety of resources to womenÂ throughout the world.Â Those services are listed on the [email protected] website as the following:
- Online â€œOpportunity Knocks!â€ and “Brandingâ€seminars covering all the logistical, psychological and professional issues related to work reentry â€” sponsored by [email protected] and in partnership with leading colleges and universities nationwide.
- Quick job hunting diagnostic tools:Â a Resume Review and a Job Search Makeover.
- Inspiration Forumsâ€”discussions via conference call on a wide variety of career and work-life balance related topics.
- The Women to Women Directory, an online directory of work-life resources provided by women for women.
- New York and Boston Metro only:
- Permanent part-time and full-time and shorter-term project or consultingÂ and “temporary” placements with employers large and small in a wide range of industries.
- Networking events in the New York and Boston metropolitan areas.
- Professional Connections Forumsâ€”upscale job fairs that connect mid to senior-level professional women with leading employers in the New York and Boston metropolitan areas.
[email protected] was founded by Kathryn Sollmann and Eliza Shanley after they heard hundreds of women discuss their desire to find work-life balance.Â I think their business model fulfills an essential need, and I wish them the best of luck in growing their business.Â I hope [email protected] expands across the country.Â Alternatively, I hope that other entrepreneurs recognize the potential this business model offers and similar companies open in the future.