According to the data in a new infographic from Email Monks, 58% of email marketing message recipients will be able to view videos that you include in your campaigns without leaving their email programs. The other 42% will see a static image and have to click-through to watch the video online.
Data from Wistia and Video Explainers tells us that using video in email training campaigns is most effective (29%) followed by product demonstrations (22%), product promotions (19%), and customer testimonials (18%). Email Monks also suggests including walk-through videos, personal thank you videos, and even educational series videos in your email marketing campaigns.
To make your email marketing campaigns that include videos even better, Email Monks offers the following tips:
- Include the word video in your email subject line.
- Encourage sharing by including social and email sharing buttons.
- Segment recipients that have previously watched videos or opened emails that included videos.
- Turn off auto-sound in your video.
- Explain why the video adds value in the email text.
- Test your email message and make sure the video player buttons are visible and the video plays properly.
- Include a static image to display for recipients who cannot play your video directly within their email and a clear link to watch the video online.
You can see all of the data and additional tips in the infographic below.
Source: Video Email Infographic