Monica Wright is a digital marketer, specializing in SEO and social media and has over 10 years of media and content marketing experience, building audience visibility using search, social marketing and diagnostic SEO. She is also Director of Community for Search Engine Land and Marketing Land.
She attributes her business success to staying connected daily to family, friends, and associates as a means of being grounded. This conscious connectivity has kept her strong and ready for business decisions, actions, strategies and other life interests.
Monica credits her mother with instilling a work hard ethic, her aunt with the courage and fortitude which led her to be first in the family to go to college, and her supportive husband who helps her by backing her up, always picking up the slack, and being there and helping in a myriad of ways when she needs him.
Monica’s Business and Career Secrets and Tips
- Listening: Listen and learn by listening instead of simply hearing.
- Courteousness: Courtesy as a means of following up to listening—even if you are going to say, “I’ll get back to you.”
- Generosity: Taking a half hour to help someone.
- Writing: as a means of clarification and communication
- Being Graceful: Because it is one thing you have control over
- Attention to Detail: The details matter.