Selling is an art. You are either born with it, or learn it. Whatever the case, all sales people face days when nothing seems to work in their favor.
So, here are 11 quick tips that will help you wade through difficult times and increase sales every work day.
1. Before calling it a day, make one more call to one more customer.
Remember, when you do something that others are not doing, you are likely to get something that others can’t get.
2. Use the first 15 minutes after lunch to make prospecting calls.
Make it a habit and see the results it brings.
3. Get in touch with your customers through phone calls, regular mail, and e-mails.
Ideally, you should contact your customers twice as often as they buy from you. If a customer buys from you every three months or so, you should contact him or her at least two times per month.
4. Contact all of your customers whom you have not spoken with for months.
They might have some business for you. Just give them a call and ask how they’re doing today.
5. Ask your customers whether they know someone in their circles who could benefit from what you sell.
Even if they don’t know someone today, they might know someone in the future.
6. Keep yourself passionate about what you do.
Nothing can match a sales person who is passionate about reaching out to his or her customers and selling them one more item.
7. In addition to confirming the order via fax or mail, you should confirm it through a phone call and use the same as an opportunity to add one or more items to the final order.
This is an upsell opportunity that you shouldn’t miss!
8. Never shy away from training.
No matter how experienced you are in selling or negotiation, you can always learn one thing or more from these programs that are conducted by the leading corporate sales training companies.
9. For people who are hard to reach, try contacting them at different time or days of the week.
If you were calling someone every Monday between 10:00 and 11:00 in the morning, try calling him or her on Thursdays or Fridays before 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.
10. Send a hand written note to your customer who just placed an order with you.
This small step helps you connect with this customer at a deeper level. Chances are, the customer will get back to you with a bigger order in the future.
11. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
Remind yourself often that not all days are going to be awesome. You won’t achieve your targets or clock as many sales as you want every day. On those bad days, you have to be easy on yourself. You have to constantly remind yourself that this period too shall pass.
Which of these tips to increase sales really resonate with you? Remember, the value that sheer perseverance and getting regular training can add to your sales career.
Today’s highly evolved corporate sales training companies first diagnose the training needs of the participants and then build the program accordingly. And these customized corporate training programs, whether they are conducted in your office or the training company’s location, have the potential to up skill your selling and communication abilities in a matter of days.
About the Author
Sridharan Sharma is a top-notch selling and communication coach with Centum Learning and writes extensively about the industry and his experience with his clients.