Last week, 60 women executives, business owners and companies were named winners of the 2008 Stevie Awards for Women in Business. More than 1,200 nominations from around the world were submitted for the 5th annual competition in 50 categories.
Some of the 2008 Stevie Awards winners are:
- Best Executive: Ilene Gordon, president of Alcan Packaging, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Best Executive: Jamie Entzminger, president of Mach 1 Global Services, Inc. (Tempe, AZ)
- Best Entrepreneur: Jessica Rovello, president and co-founder, Arkadium (NYC)
- Best Entrepreneur: Heidi Flammang, CEO and founder of Camp Bow Wow (Boulder, CO)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Maxine Clark, founder, chairman and chief executive bear, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (Clayton, MO)
- Mentor of the Year: Pam Wolf, founder of New York Kids Club (NYC)
- Most Innovative Company of the Year: ewoman, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
Congratulations to all the winners. You can see the full list of winners, get more information about the Stevie Awards and request an entry kit for the 2009 awards on the Stevie Awards for Women in Business website.