Guest post by Barb Ireland (learn more about Barb at the end of this post)
It’s that time of year again! Spring is right around the corner. I don’t know about you, but spring is one of my favorite times of the year. For some of us the weather is getting warmer, the grass is getting green again and birds are singing. This time of year also marks the calendar with plenty of craft fairs, street fairs and summer fun. And for the crafty business owner, spring can bring in dollars!
Below are some great tips for both beginners in this industry and seasoned crafters as well. For the newcomer, this type of selling can help you gain confidence and learn selling skills by interacting with customers. So read on and find your gems.
1. Hand out those business cards and flyers! Keep in mind this is totally free advertising for future sales, and remember word of mouth travels fast, and this is your main mission.
2. Gain custom orders. Have a sign somewhere stating you will do custom orders. This is a wonderful way to develop a relationship with any buyer, and could produce future sales.
3. Do be selective. Not all shows are going to have a lot of traffic. Make sure you discuss traffic with the person in charge of the craft fair.
4. Experiment with the set up of your station or booth. Try different eye-catching designs, lighting, banners and so on.
5. Survey your market. Obtain consumers’ reactions to your products. Ask them for suggestions or comments on your items and really listen to what they say. This will help you discover what they are looking for and what the buying trends are for the season.
Most of all have fun and interact with buyers, greeting them with a smile. This will always leave a good impression and help build a lasting buying relationship.
About the Author
This article is by the crafty diva chick- Founder of www.makeadiapercake.com Barb Ireland has taught well over 10,000 women on how to make diaper and towels cakes for fun or profit.