NEWS AND INSIGHTS UPDATE:
Are you stricken with job burnout? It’s not just a phrase, it’s a real condition that comes with a host of physical and emotional symptoms. The key to understanding job burnout is recognizing the symptoms, diagnosing them properly, and taking the necessary steps to cure it and prevent its return.
First, you need to know how to recognize when you’ve fallen victim to job burnout. The Mayo Clinic recommends asking yourself the following questions to diagnose your possible affliction:
- Have you become cynical or critical at work?
- Do you drag yourself to work and have trouble getting started once you arrive?
- Have you become irritable or impatient with co-workers, customers or clients?
- Do you lack the energy to be consistently productive?
- Do you lack satisfaction from your achievements?
- Do you feel disillusioned about your job?
- Are you using food, drugs or alcohol to feel better or to simply not feel?
- Have your sleep habits or appetite changed?
- Are you troubled by unexplained headaches, backaches or other physical complaints?
The Mayo Clinic offers some great information to help you learn more about what causes job burnout, how it affects you physically, and how to cure it. Follow the link below for all of the details.