Catalyst released some interesting statistics about women in business in the United States this month.
Check out some of the information available in the Catalyst U.S. Women in Business report:
- Percentage of women in the U.S. labor force: 46.3%
- Percentage of women in management, professional and related occupations: 50.6%
- Percentage of female Fortune 500 corporate officers: 15.4%
- Percentage of female Fortune 500 board seats: 14.8%
- Percentage of female Fortune 500 top earners: 6.7%
- Percentage of female Fortune 500 CEOs: 2.4%
Here are some statistics from the Catalyst Women CEOs of the Fortune 1000 report:
- Number of female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies: 12
- Number of female CEOs in Fortune 501-1000 companies: 10
- Total female CEOS in Fortune 1000 companies: 22
Looks like the business world has a long way to go to reach anything close to equality in leadership. Your thoughts?