WomenOnBusiness.com has received a voucher redeemable for a pair of free tickets to see the off-Broadway show Play Dead at The Players Theatre- 115 MacDougal Street (Between West 3rd Street & Minetta Lane). You can get all the details about the show at PlayDeadNYC.com.
About the Show:
You’re probably well past getting scared by haunted houses, but you haven’t been entertained in an abandoned-looking theater, lit by a single ghost light leading you on a darkly comedic journey, encouraging the dead to speak to you. PLAY DEAD takes a more mysterious road than what’s generally seen on, off or anywhere near the great white way.
Co-writer TODD ROBBINS (“Dark Deceptions”) stars as the audience’s storytelling guide on an evening exploring death, darkness, and deception. Magician, comedian and dark arts expert TELLER (Penn & Teller), is the director and other co-writer. Their collaboration and combined knowledge and expertise in the underworld promise to take the audience into uncharted waters, loaded with haunting surprises and plenty of shrieking nervous laughter.
- “This wild, wicked show is not just a screamfest; it’s a good piece of theater!”– The New York Times
- “Funny, furious and wholly enthralling!”– Wall Street Journal
- “Teller has filled Play Dead with elaborate illusions and effects including a slam-bang finale!”– New York Post
- “Todd Robbins is a consummate showman!”– New York Magazine
- “If there’s one thing more fun than a haunted house, it’s a haunted theatre!”– Variety
Follow the rules below to enter the drawing to win a pair of tickets to see the show!
How to Enter:
- To enter, just leave a comment on this post.
- Comments must be submitted on this post before 11:59pm on Sunday, January 30, 2011 (Eastern Time) to be entered into the drawing. One comment per email address please.
- Each comment will be entered into a drawing (one entry per email address), and one winner will be selected randomly from those entries. The winner will receive a voucher which can be redeemed for two tickets to the show in NYC per the instructions on the voucher.
- The winners will be contacted via email, so please be sure you leave a valid email address in your comment.
- The winners will be notified by January 31, 2011. If a winner does not respond with his or her email address to receive the prize voucher within 72 hours of the notification email being sent, he or she forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected (same guidelines apply).
- The winner’s prize will be emailed to the winner to the email address provided in response to the winner’s notification email. Once the prize is claimed, the winner’s name may be announced on Women On Business.
Feel free to share, blog or tweet about this contest! Good luck!
this looks great!!
Anita Fox says
I never knew about this performance. It sounds great
Jessica P says
Sounds like a great show! Great reviews to date. Hope I get the chance to see through WOB!!! Thanks for the chance to win the tickets!!
Melanie Miller says
The illusions must be awesome with Teller as director.
Richard T. says
What an opportunity to see a great play.
anna t. says
Thank you for the chance to enter to see the play.
Great contest- thanks
It looks fun. Please enter me to win
Daphne Brines says
Bet its going to awesome!!
I’ve seen Todd Robbins at a company party years ago doing fire eating. This looks different and exciting!
Brennan K says
i’d be super interested to see what this play being directed by Penn would end up coming out like. should be interesting for sure
Lana Dillon says
Play dead in NYC…..that would be great
The Hurtin Kind says
Who’s Your Daddy????
Paul A says
This show looks so fun. I haven’t been to NYC Yet, but plan on going this year.
Jess Diannna says
Wow this looks very good I would love to see this perfomance thanks for offering a contest to see it
Sean Biederman says
I’d love to check this one out.