The 2013 Forbes 400 Wealthiest Americans ranking has been released, and this year’s list includes only 48 women. The top ten wealthiest women on the list include:
#6 – Chrysty Walton (and family)
#8 – Alice Walton
#15 – Jacqueline Mars
#23 – Abigail Johnson
# 29 – Anne Cox Chambers
#35 – Laurene Powell Jobs (and family)
#49 – Elaine Marshall (and family
#61 – Blair Perry-Okeden
#77 – Dannine Avara
#77 – Milane Frantz
10 Facts about the Wealthiest Americans
Following are some interesting facts about the 2013 Wealthiest Americans list:
- Together, the 400 wealthiest Americans are worth over $2 trillion, which is equal to the GDP of Russia.
- The 400 wealthiest Americans are worth $300 billion more in 2013 than 2012, which is double their worth 10 years ago.
- The average net worth of the 400 wealthiest Americans is $5.5 billion, which is $800 billion more than it was in 2012.
- To make it on the list, a person had to have a 2013 net worth of at least $1.3 billion.
- There were 20 newcomers to the 2013 list.
- There are 61 more American billionaires who don’t appear on the list because their net worths are below the 2013 minimum of $1.3 billion.
- Thirty-four people dropped off of the list in 2013 (6 of them died), but only 15 of them actually saw their net worth decline in the last year.
- Thirty people on the 2013 list saw their net worth decline in the last year.
- Nine people on this year’s list are under 40 years of age.
- Eight of the newcomers to the 2013 list inherited the money that put them on the 2013 list.
You can learn more about the 2013 Forbes 400 Wealthiest Americans list and methodology here.
Image: Used by permission of Forbes.